Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Awareness
Learn the fundamentals of industry safety standards when working with hazardous substances, namely any chemical or controlled substances that are potentially damaging to human health. This course is an essential entry level starting point that equips candidates with an awareness level of information regarding the classification, recognition and assessment of hazardous substances in the workplace. Students who enrol on this course are taught via e-Learning, who pride themselves on providing a flexible and accessible learning solution that is specifically designed to complement any learning style.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will know how to:
- Explain the reasons for conducting COSHH assessments in a work environment.
- Identify what constitutes a hazardous substance.
- Evaluate the risks arising from use of, and exposure to, hazardous substances in the workplace.
- Learn to identify the potential risks posed by the use of hazardous substances.
- Apply suitable control strategies to help manage the risks of hazardous substances.
This course provides entry-level students with a basic framework of knowledge that helps to protect themselves and others against the known health risks presented by working with, or exposure to, hazardous substances in the workplace.
This COSHH Awareness course is hosted by experts, who have a unique and specialist knowledge of integrated health, safety, and environmental risk management solutions, and is built on over twenty years' experience in the health and safety industry. Their highly specialist team of experts includes:
- An experienced team of dedicated training specialists.
- Former Health & Safety Executive inspectors & consultants who have worked with businesses on an international level.
Key Learning Points
- Designed for entry-level students who are looking to increase their knowledge of health and safety best practices when using, or exposed to, substances that can be potentially hazardous to health.
- Discover the fundamental health and safety regulations in relation to working with, or in close proximity to, hazardous substances.
- Learn why it is essential to conduct COSHH assessments in any workplace environment where hazardous substances are in use.
- Identify what constitutes a hazardous substance, and what factors need to be present in order for a substance to be classified as such. Such substances may include toxic chemicals, industrial cleaning products or any substance that contains explosive or flammable properties.
- Learn how to evaluate the potential risks posed by working with, or being exposed to, any substance that is deemed harmful to human health.
- Identify associated risks of working with hazardous substances in the workplace.
- Apply suitable controls and implement safety control strategies based on the latest health and safety legislation in order to manage and/or reduce the risk of using, working with or in close proximity to hazardous substances.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of health and safety best practices that can be practically applied in the workplace, and in any situation where hazardous substances are in use.
Advantages of this course
- Introduces the fundamentals of COSHH awareness at an entry level, for those who work with, or are likely to work with, hazardous substances.
- Brought to you via e-Learning's flexible, accessible and innovative learning solution.
- Gain knowledge that can be applied across many sectors and industries including construction, commerce, industrial cleaning and manufacturing.
- Cost effective learning solution for those looking to increase their training and knowledge-base: option to save on travel costs, accommodation, and any expenses incurred as a result of time spent away from current employment.
- Flexible way of learning - choose when and where, and learn at a pace tailored to each student's individual needs.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Min. Screen Resolution|
|1024 x 768|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above