Fire Marshall Awareness
Discover the importance of fire marshalling in relation to a company's emergency response plan should a fire break out in a person's place of work. Understand the role of a fire marshal or warden should a fire be discovered in a workplace environment, and learn what the responsibilities are of those assisting them in this task.
The purpose of this course is to help employees and/or employers to create a safer working environment for all those working within an organisation. Fire marshalling is an essential part of any company's emergency response to fire in the workplace. Therefore, understanding the role of those responsible in performing and/or assisting such duties is one of the most practical and effective ways of protecting staff against the devastating impact that fire can have.
Unfortunately, the risk of fire is a very real threat for many workers due to the nature of their employment, and they put themselves at risk everyday by simply going to work. Although the risks can never be completely eliminated, we can reduce them significantly by increasing our knowledge and awareness of fire safety regulation, and that's exactly what this course is designed to help students do.
It's an introductory course and is a perfect training option for those who perform and/or assist in the task of fire marshalling. It's also ideal for those who work in a supervisory or managerial position and wish to increase their awareness, and help protect the safety of all staff members within their organisation/place of work.
Key Learning Points
This course is aimed at:
- Those whose jobs require them to assist in the task of fire marshalling and/or who functions as part of an organisation's emergency response to fire in the workplace.
- Anyone who wishes to increase their awareness of fire safety in the workplace and improve their knowledge of fire safety regulations.
By the end of this entry-level Fire Marshall Awareness course students will:
- Recognise the importance of fire safety in the workplace.
- Have increased awareness of the fundamentals of fire safety legislation.
- Understand the nature of fire including the combustion process and how this can cause fire to spread.
- Be able to identify suitable fire prevention and protection measures.
- Know how to effect a safe evacuation in the event of a fire taking place.
- Appreciate why it is so essential that every company/business/organisation has appropriate fire safety procedures in place.
- Recognise the importance of ensuring that all staff members understand their individual responsibilities in the event of a fire being discovered.
- Teaches students the importance of understanding, as well as adhering to, fire safety regulations.
- How a practical approach to fire safety in the workplace can help to protect all those working within any given company/business/organisation and across a broad range of industries and sectors.
- The vital role that fire marshals and/or wardens play in protecting staff members from the risks associated with fire in the workplace.
- Allows students to identify and reduce risks, and help to promote a safer working environment for all members of staff within an organisation.
- Learn about the importance of fire safety awareness and how this awareness can be practically applied in a workplace context.
Advantages of this course
- An interesting and comprehensive introduction to the fundamental rules and regulations regarding performing and/or assisting in the duty of fire marshalling in a workplace environment.
- Designed to increase awareness of fire safety best practices, and give delegates the confidence of knowing that they fully understand their role and responsibilities, and can perform their job to the very best of their ability.
- Ideal for those looking to expand their employment opportunities, increase their knowledge-base and maximise their earning potential.
- Choose from a diverse range of interesting multimedia content and tailor the course to suit your own individual learning style.
- Students who successfully complete the Fire Marshall Awareness course will be awarded course completion certificate.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Min. Screen Resolution|
|1024 x 768|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above