Cupcake: Introduction to Baking Business
Learn to develop your talent and build a business around baking but if your business skills don’t quite match up to your creative capabilities, Cupcake: Introduction to Baking Business is the course for you.
Eight In-Depth Modules
This easy to access online course is divided into eight simple to follow, yet in-depth modules, that will teach you everything you need to know about running your own successful cake-baking and decorating business. As you work through the four or five hours it takes to complete the course, you’ll learn everything you need to know about all aspects of running a successful business.
Key Learning Points
Follow eight fantastic modules including Introduction, Cake Transportation, Photographing your Cakes, Running your own Business, The Do’s and Don’ts, Health, Safety & Hygiene, Accounting, VAT, Tax, Insurance & Record Keeping and Hiring Staff & Providing Sufficient Training, to help turn your bakes into a viable business.
- Learn how to create show-stopping recipes that will wow your clients.
- Focus on finding a niche for your business.
- Cakes are delicate cargo – explore whether you or your client will transport the cakes, whether you have an appropriate vehicle and boxes, and if you’ll need extra help when it comes to transportation.
- Get up to speed on all you need to know about photographing your cakes for promotional purposes. Find out which digital camera is most suitable, the best lenses and lighting for a perfect picture and what backdrop will be most effective.
- Find out what your overheads are likely to be and all you need to know about employees and benefits.
- Learn what software you’ll need to run your baking business.
- Consider how to choose the best possible name for your business.
- Explore the main do’s and don’ts of cake baking and what to do when things go wrong.
- Learn how to handle complaints effectively and provide fantastic customer service.
- Get to grips with what health and safety regulations and hygiene requirements mean for you.
- Find out what the HACCP is and how legal food inspections will impact you.
- Learn why accounting, record keeping and keeping organised with business licenses is so important for your business.
- Get tax and VAT savvy.
- Explore how to find the best candidates and ultimately employees by learning about interview techniques.
- Learn about employee inspection and handbooks.
Advantages of this course
- Gain confidence and learn all you need to know about launching your business.
- The course’s tailored emphasis on baking businesses means you can be sure you’re getting the best training possible for your venture’s needs.
- Make your dreams of turning a talent into a successful career come true.
- Be your own boss and choose your own hours to fit around your commitments.
- Benefit from our dedicated online support.
You’ve got the skills and you know there are plenty of opportunities out there to build a successful cake baking business, so don’t let a lack of business know-how come between you and the sweet smell of success. Sign up to the Cupcake: Introduction to Baking Business today to make sure your business skills will soon be as impressive as your best bakes. After all, your cakes are far too good to just give away!
Salary range chart
This course is CPD certified.
- About Creating Winning Recipes
- About Baking and Decorating
- About Running and Marketing Your Business
- How to Decide on a Niche
- How to decide if you or the client is going to transport the cake
- If you have the proper sized vehicle
- How to determine the correct sized box for you cake
- Whether you need help carrying the cake
- Which digital camera is best
- The lenses you should use
- The lighting required for a perfect picture
- What type of backdrops work best when photographing your cakes
- What your overheads will likely be
- How to choose a name for your business
- The software you need to run a cake business
- About employees and benefits
- The do’s and don’ts when baking a cake.
- What to do when things don’t go to plan
- How to handle complaints
- How to provide great customer service
- About Health and Safety Guidelines
- Legal food inspections and how they effect you
- What your hygiene requirements are
- What is the HACCP
- Why accounting is so important
- About VAT & other taxes you have to pay
- About recording keeping and its importance to your business
- How to keep organised with business licenses
- How to find the best staff for your business
- The best way to interview prospective employees
- How to train your staff
- About employee inspection and creating a hand book