Arabic online course (Moroccan) – level 1
Morocco is the most westerly of the North African countries known as the Maghreb - the "Arab west". It has Atlantic and Mediterranean coastlines, a rugged mountain interior and a history of independence not shared by its neighbours.
Learning Moroccan Arabic is a wonderful way to become immersed in the language and culture, and help develop an appreciation for the native traditions and lifestyles.
This exquisite language has influences from Spanish and French, as well as ancient Amazigh languages, due to its interaction with European and African cultures. There are however, some linguistic differences related to vocabulary, context, syntax, grammar, and pronunciation.
Be your own guide around the Kingdom of Morocco and make it a journey more than just travel with this exotic language!
KEY LEARNING POINTS
You will gain skills to enable you to engage in simple, friendly conversations using key expressions and phrases that will help you convey a sense of appreciation for the language and the culture.
This course will provide you with all the essentials that you would expect to gain from your first exposure to Moroccan Arabic.
Once you have completed this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the alphabet and the sounds in Arabic Lebanese
- Introduce yourself and others
- Talk about colours
- Use numbers 1-20
- Use the days of the week
- Use simple greetings
- Talk about professions
- Talk about countries and where you live
- Tell the time
- Give your phone number and contact details
- Talk about food and drinks
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Learning a new language holds a wealth of long-term health benefits, including improved memory and concentration and lowered risks of dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- You will find travelling more enjoyable as your newly acquired skills will make it easier for you to communicate.
- You will have the advantage of being able to explore and understand another culture.
- Learning another language enriches the mind and opens new horizons.
- Employers favour having a second language amongst your C.V. accolades.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above