Auto-tune is used by artists and music producers across the world to achieve the best quality voice and instrumental recordings - you could call this advanced plug-in the trouble shooter of the music world. In this fascinating course you will discover exactly how you can improve recording quality and precision, and the tools you’ll need to use for optimum results. On completion, you could take the first steps on an exciting journey towards becoming a sound engineer or music producer.
What Will I Learn?
Antares Auto-Tune is focused on inaccuracies and mistakes that commonly happen during recording sessions, and how you correct them. In this tutorial based course you’ll have expert instruction in correcting pitch and intonation problems so that the voice and/or instruments are distortion free in the end product. It’s all about how Auto-Tune works, its different modes, and how you can use different aspects of the program, such as auto or graphic modes to produce a precisely tuned recording.
Why Invest in this Course?
This value for money course offers flexible online learning, that you can pick-up and revisit whenever suits you. It’s a short course that will easily fit into your lifestyle, yet doesn’t scrimp on content, as it gives you a high quality overview of this popular plug-in application. If you’re an aspiring sound engineer, producer, or even a songwriter/instrumentalist, you’ll pick up many tips and tricks that you can apply to your own projects in the future.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through 80 minutes of content to understand the inner-workings of Auto-Tune and why it’s used in the music industry.
How Does Auto-Tune Work?
- Looking at pitch.
- Learn about scales.
- All about vibrato.
Assigning To A Track
By the end of this course you will have deciphered the meaning and roles of:
- VST - virtual studio technology.
- AU - audio units.
- RTA - real time audio suite.
- TDM – time multiplex.
Auto Mode & Graphic Mode Intros
- Overview of auto mode controls.
- Introduction to graphic mode controls.
Auto Mode In Detail
- A look at basic adjustments.
- Changing the scales.
- How to create or eliminate vibrato.
- How to define scales using MIDI.
- A look at creating harmonies using MIDI.
Graphic Mode In Detail
- Learn the basics of graphic mode.
- Discover how to fix one bad note in a phrase.
- Get to grips with the import auto and make curve features.
- A look at using Auto-Tune as an Audio Suite plug-in in ProTools to create a permanently tuned track.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Pick up practical hints and tips that you can easily apply to your own music projects.
- Use this course as a foundation to build upon if you continue sound engineering.
- Improve your skills and confidence in using Auto-Tune and associated programs.
- Learn at your own pace, wherever you have internet connection and a compatible device.
- Quick and easy to get started learning new skills.
- Short course will fit easily around your other commitments.
- Technical help available if needed.
- How AutoTune Works
- Assigning To A Track
- Auto Mode
- Graphic Mode
- Auto Mode
- Graphic Mode
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above