First Time Leadership
Give yourself the best chance of success in a new leadership position by signing up to this course that is aimed at Academic on First Time Leadership. By enrolling on this course, students will achieve a solid base on which they can build a skillset that is perfectly suited to leadership roles - learning key skills and gaining essential knowledge to help provide effective leadership in an early years or childcare setting.
Leadership vs. Management
This course will help you learn the difference between leadership and management. Students will also have the opportunity to gain knowledge that can help them develop the essential skills that are needed to be a successful leader, including negotiation, communication and delegation.
Understand your Philosophy and Values
As a leader, you will need to achieve your goals while keeping your team happy, supported and satisfied. This course can help you to achieve win-win situations each and every time. It’s important to look at your own beliefs as a leader, ensuring that the ethos and philosophy of the environment you work in correlates with your individual values. This approach will allow your credibility as a good leader to really shine through.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to understand the roles and responsibilities of a good leader, and will have touched upon coping strategies that can be implemented when the stress of the position gets too much. Juggling existing responsibilities, managing your time, and dealing with manpower in your charge can be overwhelming, but a good leader will overcome these challenges. This course will help you to understand how.
Key Learning Points
This course that is aimed at Academic is ideal for anyone working within a childcare setting, whether currently in a first time leadership role or aiming to continue with their professional development. This course can help to develop the skills you need to reach your leadership potential and works well alongside the other leadership, supervisory and managerial skill courses in our programme.
- Learn the differences between leading and managing, and the qualities and skills required to perform both roles effectively. Gain insight into the qualities and characteristics of a good leader within an early years setting.
- Learn how to adapt from being a friend and colleague to becoming a line manager.
- Recognise some of the ways in which you can negotiate and communicate with your team, so that the outcome suits all.
- Understand the need for effective time management and excellent organisational skills.
- Gain insight into the need for stress management, ensuring that a leader or manager stays calm and balanced, even during difficult times. Learn how to evaluate the reasons for these challenging circumstances.
- Learn how to make our own mind map with the help of the recommended multimedia links.
Advantages of this course
- Links to videos, including one of Benjamin Zander (conductor of the Boston Philharmonic Orchestra), and gain some vital insight that can be applied to your own field of work.
- Activity sheets available to be downloaded, which include various tasks that can be read and completed. These tasks don’t count towards your final grade, but can help you to reinforce the knowledge you have gained during the course.
- Complete the lesson by answering a 10-question multiple choice test.
- Gain invaluable knowledge and key skills which can help you to become an effective leader or manager.
- Perfectly position yourself for a leadership role by taking the initiative to develop your own professional skillset.
Sign up to this course today and become the strong leader that your team and setting deserve.
This learning programme is CACHE endorsed through Laser Learning, one of our official partners.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above