Are your children keen on technology, or fascinated by how things work? Maybe they spend too much time playing games rather than doing something constructive? Why not get them started on this superb introduction to coding course, which can turn their hobby and fascination into a rewarding skillset and career.
Not only is this course fun and intuitive, it could set them on the way to becoming a computer programmer, with an average salary of £78k a year! Programming is one of the most in demand skills in the world right now, and in a few years’ time, it will be like a second language to most people – so give your child a head start today!
Coding is being input into the UK curriculum, such is its important in today’s technology and web-driven society. This introductory course will help your children to get one step ahead of their peers and set up lifelong skills which their education and career will ultimately benefit from.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The key topics that this course will cover are:
- Get an introduction to programming and programming language and how important it is
- Cover the basics of coding languages covered in the course
- Learn the various components of the HTML coding language
- Make your website and webpages come alive and be aesthetically pleasing using CSS which will set the visual style of your user interfaces
- Build your skills, culminating in the final project of building a functional website
The coding languages listed above form the basis of pretty much everything we see on the internet, they’re known as the “web trifecta”. Giving your child those skills will give them a lot of things to learn, as well as giving them the skills to pursue web design or coding as a career.
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
Some people think coding can be very tricky and complicated, and to some extent, it is – but this course teaches children how to code and build web pages from an early age so it becomes like a second nature to them as we head deeper into the technological age.
- Course materials have been developed to be immersive for children and adapt to their learning style.
- Interactive and fun course keeps kids engaged as they learn to code.
- Have the technical skills.
- This course is taught by a highly-experienced trainer.
- 24/7 access to the course content over 12 months.
- Help kids to learn how to code and build webpages from an early age.
- Introduction to Course
- Quick Demo
- What are Computers
- How do Computers Work
- Hardware-Software Interaction
- What is Programming
- What is the Internet
- What are Webpages
- What are the Internet Coding Languages
- Theory Summary
- Intro to JSBin
- Intro to HTML
- Intro to Containers (Divs) in HTML
- Paragraphs And Headings In HTML
- Text Styling with HTML
- Lists in HTML
- Links and Images in HTML
- Inputs in HTML
- Tables in HTML
- IDs and Classes
- HTML summary
- Intro to CSS
- Positioning in CSS
- Sizing in CSS
- Margins and Padding CSS
- Background Colours in CSS
- Text Styling in CSS
- Responding to Screen Size Changes in CSS
- CSS Summary
- Project Intro
- Setting Up The Initial HTML
- HTML Specifics
- Fixing Page Layout
- Adding Margins and Padding
- Changing Text and Colour
- Adding on Click Behaviour
- Fixing Screen Resizing Issues
- Showing and Hiding Contact Info
- Summary and Outro
- Course Summary
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above